You are a developer and creating a sample projects for your learning or for samples that can help you in future. Then why you don’t upload your github/bitbucket. Here are the advantages of git or any version control system.
Main advantages of Github or version control system.
If you accidentally delete some file (or part of a file) you can undelete it. If you change something and want to undo it, the VCS can do so.
Allow to work with team
On same project if you and your friends are working then this allow you to share project and all of your team can work on single instance of project.
Maintaining different versions
Maintains all the changes and all the version of files. Unfortunately if your project stopped working on any instance or because of any change. Then you can compare or revert back to previous version and its easy for you to find who made change and why this error occur.
Maintains all the changes and all the version of files. Unfortunately if your project stopped working on any instance or because of any change. Then you can compare or revert back to previous version and its easy for you to find who made change and why this error occur. It allows you to create different branch of your project. Branch helps you to maintain different version of code for example if you are working on Mozilla. You should have code for Mozilla 37.0 and Mozilla 38.0, branch can help you to solve different version of your project.
Access from any computer
Many times you can take help from your existing project but you don’t have access of your computer that time then what ? Using version control system you can access your code from any corner of the world. Doesn’t seems it fantastic ?
Why should I use version control ?
- Made a change to code, realised it was a mistake and wanted to revert back?
- Lost code or had a backup that was too old?
- Had to maintain multiple versions of a product?
- Wanted to see the difference between two (or more) versions of your code?
- Wanted to prove that a particular change broke or fixed a piece of code?
- Wanted to review the history of some code?
- Wanted to submit a change to someone else’s code?
- Wanted to share your code, or let other people work on your code?
- Wanted to see how much work is being done, and where, when and by whom?
- Wanted to experiment with a new feature without interfering with working code?